Monday, November 14, 2011

Life second chances


What is life second chance is something that sometimes we can’t explain and sometimes we don’t take full advantage of it this is a true story happened to my mom may she rest in peace

Everything happened for a reason that what everyone say well sometimes is hard to understand why I was on an afternoon when I came from work and when I open the door I saw a lot of blood in the living room and then I saw my mother on the floor immediately my ex girlfriend call 911 for help she was still breathing but she was unconscious the ambulance came and they take her to the hospital I went with her and then my family was going to be there later while we were at the hospital they were doing test and checking her up she started to speak and I ask her about what happened and she that she was not feeling well and the thing that keep her alive was that she was able to throw up and then she say she fainted and she was not remember anything else so I explain what happened when I came from work and I find her like that them my family arrived and  my dad who has been by my mother side all this year started to get worry then the doctor arrived and explain to us that she was lucky for throw up all that blood but she still need to stay at the hospital for more check ups days gone bye and when I was on my way to see her the doctor saw me and he told me that she had cancer and like everyone else when find out something like that my eyes starting to get watery and I told him what are the options he say either kemo or surgery once my mother find out she started to cried to tell you the true when we were in Cuba she was never a religious person she dint believe much in god she starting to believe in him when they kick me out school and it was the school fault but they dint want to admitted and she went there and talk to the school director and they give me another chance to do my final test that how she believe that there is something out there that can change peoples life so she say after they told her that she had cancer that everything was on god hands and it truly was she opted for surgery but the hospital dint want to risk it and them a doctor for a catholic hospital one of the best in the country say he do the surgery and the hospital pays for it so he transfer her to that hospital and days later we were there waiting the good news on how the surgery was going after 10 ½ hours the doctor came out and told us that everything was good and they were able to remove all the cancer and it was true they do a scanner on her and see no sign of the cancer anywhere once she get out the hospital it was like a new day for her she was feeling happy that god was able to intervene and that everything went well .

Back in the days she used to smoke a lot my father drink a lot and sometimes my father embarrassed a lot with his drinking problem that she decide it to join him every time he drink and at the end she started drinking more than him at the place we were living next door neighborhood he was a witchcraft and I think he got tired of my mother late night drinking with other people that he must have done something to her cause she told me that he give her a bear and when she drink it she felt something estrange but she continue to drink however after what happened to her she stop drinking completely quick smoking I took her to her first kemo therapy but when she started hear the effect of what kemo does she got scare and she never went anymore but she was feeling well however second chances you really need do everything by the book and she starting doing thing like she used to in the pass all at home we tell her to stop but she dint pay us much of a attention and then it happened she started to get sick again and this time was worse she starting to have problem breath and she was rush to the hospital again and the cancer came back again after month of going out the hospital and going back she decide to get the kemo but it was to late now the cancer was to strong this time the night before she die she started to having problem breath we call the ambulance but the paramedic told me something that makes a lot of sense if we take her to the hospital she will be in more pain cause they were starting to put needles on her she be in even more pain he told me leave her here with you guys at least if she die she will be at home with the people she love it was hard to make that decision but we decide to leave her at home but she dint last that long she died the next day

To my point never take life for granted when you are awarded a second chance a lot of people don’t get that opportunity enjoy every moment of it and it you do get a second chance make the best of it don’t get back to your old ways this is a true story most people don’t even get second chance in life

No comments:

Post a Comment