Monday, November 14, 2011

How my understanding improve since the I came to the states


Since I came in 1997 my understanding of the language English has been improve substantial enough that I can create conversation with almost any one I can talk about any topic like if I was talking in my birth language Spanish I never thought I could learn a language cause when I was in high school they were teaching English but I really was not concentrating enough to pay attention and I dint have the interest to learn however I never thought ever I was leaving the country even know my dad is a political refugee and he have the chance to leave the country anytime he want all he has to do was present the paper at the embassy and he can leave once they approve him however he dint want to leave his family behind and at that time we could still make end meat even know the country was in a very bad shape in every aspect especially economic it was hard to stay a flow everyone there just tried to survive and some back staving people with prices on food they dint care if they know you since you were born but then again all the blame goes to the people in charge them we left the country and came to the states were we went to Alabama which it was the perfect place to learn I went to the school there I have my share of embarrassing moments where I was ready to give up but my inner soul was not ready to throw the towel in cause the way I am is not in me to quit I never been a quitter I am a fighter and the language was not going to slow me down but I wont lie if for a moment in my life I was ready to give up when I was in my country were some times that was really hard for me but I understand the language and I was able to speak however when I was in school here classes that it use to be easy for me became hard cause I cant understand the teacher and anyone around me but I don’t know what it is about me that I always have a good effect on people that they willing to help me even if they don’t know me that well the second in charge at the school help me a lot he even told my mother that I was one of the best person he ever meet and my mom was so proud of me they been change my classes and they put me in one where they teach English to student from outside the usa to tell you the true I dint learn anything in that class the teacher had more preference to the Vietnams people in the class than the rest of us but it dint stop me from learning the language my way I was determined to learn and help my family when they need to read a letter or buy something at the store or even return something in my time at the school I meet another Cuban guy that he came 3 years before me and he help me also I meet more people in there but the inability to speak or understand was making it difficult to keep adding more friends however I started to using the subtitle on the TV on every program I watch I even use my favorite TV show wwf was call at that time now wwe and listen to what they saying every time someone was talking on the microphone I started understand little by little one time my friend and I went to the store to exchange a Nintendo 64 for a play station that my father bough me and I listen to every word he say and when I feel ready enough I went with my mother to a one of those places like rent to own cause she want it to buy a living room and I was able to talk to the people there and translate to my mother word for word to everything that she was saying and also I was able to speak to the person there everything that my mother wanting to know when we done that I came out the store I told her I am ready I don’t need anyone help anymore and since I been in this country for like 14 years now I been able to do thing that in my wildest dream I never thought I could so to all the people learning a new language or even living in a country that is not our own birth place never give up when thing are hard just remember that there is not an easy road in life and don’t get me wrong they are but not the safest one just remember at the end of every straggle in life is the satisfaction of being able to say I did just like me I am a living proof that with a little inner strength you can accomplish anything even if it is speak a language outside of your own
Please leave a comment always good to read feedback it help to improve on everything that I do here

No comments:

Post a Comment